Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Where I’ve Been

WB1WB2
(Recognize those ‘shrooms?)

Lately I have been snuggling with this little gnome. 

There simply hasn’t been time for much blogging.  You see, the most alarming thing has happened.  Since the moment he was placed in my arms, time has sped up.  I can’t believe he’s three weeks old already. 

There doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day to smooch that double chin and play with those little toes.  Every time I look at him he’s different. 

All that waiting for his arrival has made me really want to relish each moment we have together.  I have been really trying to focus on being present.  On giving him my full undivided attention when I feed him, burp him, change him, or hold him.  On enjoying the moments he’s wrapped up tightly in my arms or making cute little slurpy noises while I give him his bottle.  Because I know they’ll be gone all to soon. 

Creating quilts or scrapbook pages or clothes will have to wait.  Right now I’m creating memories. 

Things might be a bit quiet around this little blog for a while.  But I do hope to write a post for National Infertility Awareness Week (which is going on right now).  And I have been trying to record all of the details surrounding our sweethearts birth.  You can read all about that here.       

I feel like I say this a lot, but I really do feel so grateful to all my friends who have shared the journey with me.  We have felt so much love and support for our little family these past weeks.  The well wishes, sweet little gifts, and encouraging words have meant the world to us.  We just feel nothing but gratitude.  Thanks so much for celebrating with us! 

5 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are the cutest pictures EVER!!! so happy for you and Spencer and Mason! He seems like he he knows he is right were he belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney, I'm so happy for you. Enjoy these precious times they just fly by! Cindee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOODNESS!! Cutest pictures I have ever seen!!! I sure love that little boy!! Enjoy every little moment friend!! So happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy for you! he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete